All the issues that need attention.
Managing complex outsourced CAPEX projects is not a simple task. Many important issues need to be taken into account:
- Change control (how is it managed)
- Standardization (can bring great savings and improvements)
- System utilization (managed process flows)
- Continuous improvement (how can we achieve it)
- Turnaround time (time is money)
- Risk management (what are the risks and how do I identify and manage them)
- Decision making (who is allowed and where does responsibility lie)
Taking care of each of these issues requires a lot of attention to detail and good management processes and procedures as well as good documentation and an exceptional audit trail.
In our next letter we will be discussing standardization – topics will include conformance, sustainability, tried and tested processes, quality control and workflows.